August 09, 2009

Andrea Pirlo: I Rejected Chelsea Because Milan Can Win The Scudetto

8 Aug 2009 Milan- Andrea Pirlo has explained that if he didn't believe Milan could win the Serie A title this season, he would have quit the club to join Chelsea.The 30-year-old was expected to join former Rossoneri coach Carlo Ancelotti at Stamford Bridge this summer, and for a while the transfer looked inevitable.However, this week Milan owner Silvio Berlusconi announced that Pirlo will not be joining Chelsea and will instead be finishing his career at the San Siro.“I knew there was an important offer on the table from Chelsea, and my agent kept me up to date, but I did not spend the summer glued to the telephone,” the ex-Inter man told La Gazzetta dello Sport.“The reason was very simple – I wanted to stay at Milan and never asked to leave. I must also confess that I already knew about what was going to happen three nights before Berlusconi flew in.“Did Ancelotti take it well? Well, not really. He was disappointed, but he understood.“Something should be made very clear: if I thought Milan’s objective was just a decent placement, I would be at Chelsea right now. I want to win. These are not just words - I am convinced it is possible.”Despite the signing of Klaas Jan Huntelaar from Real Madrid on Thursday, many people still feel it is going to be a rough season for Milan, but Pirlo will hope to prove them all wrong.

0 comments:

Post a Comment