August 10, 2009

A STEP FORWARD

Milan lose on penalties against Benfica, but steps forward in the play and the condition are evident: a sign that gives faith for the future. Gianluca Zambrotta and Ignazio Abate talked about it at the end of the game.

MILAN - Here are the declarations made by the Rossoneri to Milan Channel's microphones after Benfica-Milan.
Gianluca Zambrotta: 'We've made some improvements, some steps forward, let's say that overall we're satisfied with how the match went. There are still some days to go before the start of the season, we have time to keep working and so we don't have problems or worries of any kind. This step forward certainly gives us confidence to be ready for the start against Siena and Inter.'
Ignazio Abate: 'I'd say we did not start very well, we suffered the first 20-25 minutes but then, once we got into the match, the team grew and came out. We played against very aggressive opponents, but when we got organised we took control of the play and created 3-4 important chances and from then on they were only dangerous on counterattacks. As fas I'm concerned, I'm satisfied with my performance. I try to work well during the week, get in top shape and always be ready. It's normal that I'd like to play always, it means I will try to put the coach in difficulty with his choices.'

0 comments:

Post a Comment