August 14, 2009

Thiago Silva Excited About Milan's Prospects For The Season

The former Fluminense defender is upbeat about the Rossoneri's chances in the coming months after a disappointing pre-season...

13 Aug 2009- Thiago Silva joined Milan from Fluminense last January in a €10 million deal, but was unable to play for the first-team due to the limit on non-EU players. However, he is now ready and raring to go for Leonardo's side after a bright pre-season for him personally in which he scored twice."To arrive in a great club like Milan was my dream," Thiago Silva told Il Corriere dello Sport."I'm happy because I've found an excellent atmosphere here; I'm training with lots of champions and I have the chance to learn a lot."[Scoring goals from defence] happened there too, but I have had more opportunities here than I had in three years at Fluminense. I have the advantage that Leonardo always wants me in the opposition penalty area when we have a set-piece."The 24-year-old went on to praise Ronaldinho's commitment, as the former World Player of the Year attempts to rediscover his form of 2005/06."He is working hard. It has been some time since I saw him concentrate so hard. He is very attentive to what he does on the pitch, but also to what he does off it. Like me, he has a tendency to fatten a bit, so we must always be on a diet."While the Rossoneri consider moves for Gareth Bale and Royston Drenthe, Thiago Silva went on to make his own suggestion for Milan's search for a left-back."Junior Cesar. He's a friend of mine, we played together at Fluminense - now he has gone to Sao Paolo. He would do well in Europe," he concluded.

0 comments:

Post a Comment