September 04, 2009

Clarence Seedorf Explains Substitution Delay During Milan Derby


The player has become annoyed by some of the accusations in the press.

AC Milan were defeated in the city derby by Inter on Saturday, to the tune of a humiliating 4-0 scoreline.One of the key moments of the match was the sending off of Gennaro Gattuso, which happened just before the player was about to be substituted for Clarence Seedorf.The Dutchman took some extra time to get ready, as he had to change from sneakers into football boots and some have criticised the veteran for the delay."I think this is an insult to my professionalism. It's very simple, [I was wearing the sneakers because] I returned from an injury that lasted 40 days and I had some soreness in my calf," he explained to Sky Sport 24."If I have to apologize for that, I also ask your pardon, it is not a problem. I believe that I demonstrated in the second-half by playing well."Indeed, the former Real Madrid man was one of the few bright spots for the Rossoneri on the evening."In my career I've always acted like a professional or at least like someone who is willing to give his all to the team," he concluded.

0 comments:

Post a Comment